Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Stuck In The Middle With You....Part Two

We discussed the event that IS the Ambivert* here.

However, some consideration, a little going deeper, might be in order.

What if being an ambivert is that someone is extroverted and introverted, but rather is an introvert with Outlier overexcitabilities?

Thoughts?

*Note, we are using the most basic "definition" of extrovert and introvert for expediency and discussion.  Extroversion/introversion are not necessarily behavior patterns but the way the brain processes and a deeper understanding of Jungian definition of each can be found here.  However, for our purposes, the layman understanding will work fine here.

1 comment:

  1. I think you might be onto something. I know that folk are often surprised that I am an introvert because I am too excitable, but I am *sure* that I am - I recharge alone, I think and talk deeply, don't do crowds or parties, and am terrible at social chit chat, unless it revolves around people and emotion. I also scored as profoundly introverted on a professionally done Myer-Briggs test. But I have a very high EQ and am highly Visual/spatial, so I am not the typical 'silent, slow thinking, antisocial' introvert type. I know this is just me, but I definitely see those trends in myself, *and* have been mislabeled as extroverted because of them.

    ReplyDelete